Upgrade Question + Scheme

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doctordowling, Jul 21, 2010.

1. doctordowling macrumors member

So I have a family plan with three phones. The main line is up for an upgrade, the other two aren't (one dumbphone and my iPhone 4 is on the other). I want to upgrade the main line to an iPhone 4 (16GB) and pay the $199, wait a few days, call AT&T tell them I dropped it or it fell in a pool or something and is completely broken and have them take off the data plan and add my old non-smartphone back on to that line. That way, I can turn around and sell it on eBay for pure profit (asking price is $700+) which would translate to around $500 of profit. :D

Do any of you see any flaws in this plan? I know that my upgrade eligibility would be used up and pushed forward a year but besides that is there really anything that could go wrong?

2. EddyP macrumors 6502

Go for it. I don't see anything that could possibly go wrong.

3. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

Instead of lying and making up an elaborate story, why don't you...

1) Purchase an iPhone 4 at an upgrade price
    2a) Sell said iPhone 4 on eBay while you...
    2b) Visit a local AT&T store and ask for a new SIM card to transfer service since the iPhone 4's mini SIM card will not be compatible with old phone unless you have an adaptor.

4. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

You would sell your word for $500.00 (you admit you are planning on lying), you're not worth much are you. All the grinning icons won't cover that up.