Upgrade question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Sceneshifter, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Sceneshifter macrumors 6502

Sceneshifter

Hello all,

I know this gets asked a lot, but I did not follow the news on this for ages now. I currently have a macbook (white) which will get sold. Now, is this a good time to update or is there an upgrade coming in the next few weeks? In any case, the upgrade will be magical for me considering where I'm at right now :)

What I mean with 'good time to upgrade':
    - Is there a new upgrade expected really soon (I can wait a couple of weeks..);
    - Is this macbook line at the end of its line and soon to be replaced by entirely new design (I ask this only for resale value);
    - Are there any issues with the current macbook line (13 inch).

Many thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Not likely in a few weeks, but no one knows for sure but Apple.

3. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

Not in the next couple of weeks.
    The MacBook line is over. You'll be needing to upgrade to a MacBook Air or a MacBook Pro.

4. Sceneshifter thread starter macrumors 6502

Sceneshifter

Yes indeed, I do mean the Macbook Pro line.. But with the old macbook specs (13 inch), can't get used to this Pro thingy at the end.

5. simsaladimbamba

April or May 2012 is the next likely date for the MBP line due to the Ivy Bridge release in early April 2012, as it just has been updated with some spec bumps.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:
    [​IMG]

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I was guessing that's what you meant, even though you posted this in the MacBook forum.

7. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

I've got the Early 2011 MBP and haven't had any issues, be it performance or technical-wise. But as with any computer, just because one doesn't have any issues, doesn't mean another one won't either. In regards to the design issues, my only issue is the single audio in/out port. Definitely not a big issue by any means for me, but an issue nonetheless.