Resolved Upgrade question

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by rustyb99, Oct 22, 2013.

1. rustyb99, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

rustyb99 macrumors member

I have a question. Since the upgrade for Mavericks is free to all. Will my download of Mavericks be tied to my apple id if I create an install disk from the download?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. rustyb99 thread starter macrumors member

3. Quackers macrumors 6502a

I don't think so.
    I'm sure I've seen posts where a single Mavericks install USB has been used on more than one machine.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

1 - Why not just try it?

2 - Since the last version allowed me to use the same USB stick on multiple machines, I would guess this would be the same.

5. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

Ok, so the fact that you download Mavericks from the MAS, a transaction is taking place between you and apple (in theory, I know its free). So the purchase is tied to your apple ID. The installer itself (the .dmg file you can extract) from the download will not be tied to your apple id. No previous version distributed on the MAS has ever been tied to your apple id in this way.

So in short, you can install the version of mavericks you download on as many compatible macs you wish :).

Hope this answers your question

6. rustyb99 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much that does help. I am testing for a client and dont my my apple id associated with their computer.