Carrier Upgrade question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rpearlberg, Sep 9, 2015.

1. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

I'm due for an upgrade on September 23rd (with Verizon). Can I order the 6s on the 12th since it won't ship until after the 23rd or do I need to wait until after the 23rd to order it?

2. dadster macrumors newbie

I[ve the same question. Since the go-live order date of the 12th is earlier than last year's date- my plans don't reset until the 19th. (Verizon). Can I pre-order on the 12th, I suppose at the much higher price, and then get a refund on the difference since they don't ship until 25th? (at earliest)

I asked Verizon- they were clueless.

Anyone?

3. Greenstein macrumors member

I have the exact same situation/question, though I've got a later contract end date. I'm told by Verizon that I'm eligible on all 3 lines to do an early upgrade, but my question is this...can I do this via the pre-sale (right when it becomes available), or do I have to do this over the phone or in the store?

Thanks in advance.

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

My understanding is that the upgrade needs to be available at time of pre-order, meaning on 9/12, but the upgrade isn't "used" until the device is activated or credit card is charged.

Pretty much everyone on these forums will have the same question. The iPhone 6 was available for pre-order on 9/12/14, meaning that early adopters would have activated on 9/19/14, making it until around 9/19/15 for their upgrade.

Really hope carriers are generous on moving up a few days.

5. Greenstein macrumors member

As mentioned, I have a later "contract end date" (Nov 11th), but the customer service rep for Verizon said all 3 of my lines have an "early upgrade option", despite my contract end date being in early Nov.

For me, the question is (and VZ customer support on Twitter wasn't sure), will my "early upgrade option" be "available" at 12:01am PST when the pre-orders open up.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

If you could report back that would be great!

7. dadster macrumors newbie

I'm betting that we are all going to have to hope for a refund later if we order this Saturday. I think Verizon would "eventually" address this issue- but they've only got two days to do so and I'm not at all hopeful.

Paying full amount for the order (knowing they don't charge until shipped) would be fine- but getting them to change it on the 19th will be an issue. I foresee a headache in this. Perhaps we'll need to pre-order with Verizon only, and not Apple Store??

8. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

So Apple will let me pre-order for the $299 price, but I have to choose a new plan since they don't offer my 6GB grandfathered plan. Verizon will only let me buy the phone at full price to keep the 6GB plan. What to do....is there any way around this?

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Buy it on subsidy and select a data rate that's closet to your old 6GB plan.

10. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

So get the phone for $299 and then just choose the 2GB plan (that's the price I'm paying for the 6GB plan)....

11. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

spoke to Verizon, they told me to order through Apple at $299 and they'll note my account to switch back to the 6GB plan once I activate...we'll see if that actually happens.