upgrade question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wphillip560, Jun 13, 2010.

1. wphillip560 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have a silly question. Here is my situation:

I'm on a family plan which has had no account changes since getting our first iPhone 3g's in September 2008. We are receiving an FAN discount of about 20%. Every line is currently eligible for an upgrade, but only two of them plan to upgrade.

For the two upgrading lines, if I order from the apple online for shipping to my work address, will I have any problems with the FAN account? Also, how will I move the information on my old sim to the new microsim and activate the phone? Will this be done beforehand by apple?

It sounds as if ordering from AT&T won't guarantee receiving the new phone on launch day. Is this true?

Sorry if this has been answered repeatedly before, but I appreciate your support.

2. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

I've read if you have FAN discount then to avoid trouble AT&T is your best bet. While there's no guarantee what you will get it on release day, more than likely you will.

3. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

It's been answered in other topics but I'll give yours a stab.
    Answers in bold

For the two upgrading lines, if I order from the apple online for shipping to my work address, will I have any problems with the FAN account?
    No, this has been corrected since the last 3G launch.

Also, how will I move the information on my old sim to the new microsim and activate the phone?
    The lines that will be moving over to a new iPhone, do they currently have an iPhone? If so, you just need to do a backup in iTunes and then conect your new iPhone to iTunes and everything should be backed up. You will be activating the new iPhone via iTunes.

Will this be done beforehand by apple?
    No you do it at your home or business via iTunes. It will be shipped with a microSIM

It sounds as if ordering from AT&T won't guarantee receiving the new phone on launch day. Is this true?Yes, if you order from AT&T to be delivered to your home/business it will arrive on the 25th of June or later.