Upgrade questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crysalis, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Crysalis macrumors member

Hey guys!

Before you flame and what not, I will be calling AT&T on this, but I just wanted to hear some thoughts/opinions.

I started service with AT&T when the 3G launched. Had it for a year and 6months and upgraded to a 3GS in December of 09. I have not been eligible to upgrade since then until May 13, 2011. Anyone know why I did not get the normal 1-year upgrade? It works out to 1.5 years. What the heck? Everyone else I know gets a new one every 1 year anniversary.

Reason I ask is, my 3GS is a beast, but it's going to kick the bucket soon. My soon-to-be fiance is going to join my plan in April. She wants the iPhone. With current rumors of iP5 not being until September or 2012 shipping, she will settle with iphone4. Should I take the chance of upgrading to iPhone4 and hope that I get a 1 year upgrade? I was planning on waiting and getting ip5 in summer, but if its not coming, then I'd like to upgrade now and just wait a year for ip5.

Again, I will be contacting ATT, but just wanted to know what thoughts are from everyone. I've never heard of people having to wait 1.5 years for upgrades.

2. vachargerfan macrumors regular

Might be depending on your monthly bill. Are you over 100 per month?

3. elan123 macrumors 6502

just get the 4, dont bother waiting an unknown period of time...

4. Crysalis thread starter macrumors member

I'm at $98.50 :eek:

5. vachargerfan macrumors regular

I have seen some people mention that. Not sure if it is because my plan is on a business fan account, or because of my bill, but I seem to be eligible once a year

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

One of the phones on my plan (mine) gets 12 month upgrades, the other (wife's) gets 18 month upgrades.

7. s.hasan546 macrumors 6502

IMHO id wait. Or go on craigslist, which is what i did and search thru the hundred of Iphone 4 ads. I bought one for $340 shipped. I could wait till the iphone 5 comes out and still sell the Iphone 4 for what i got it for.