Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2019
London
Hi everyone, I would like to ask which Ram have better performance on Macbooks pro 2012. I've heard that the bests are crucial and after kingston? What do you guys think?

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I always go Crucial but YMMV. As long as it's the correct RAM (DDR3 SODIMM 1600MHz) and not any faster speeds you shouldn't have any issues.

Thuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2019
London
I always go Crucial but YMMV. As long as it's the correct RAM (DDR3 SODIMM 1600MHz) and not any faster speeds you shouldn't have any issues.
Thank you for the suggestion, I've got arleady this model from my previous Macbook 2012 13'' and a friend of mine is selling Kingston so I would like to use the best for editing as sound engineer.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Thank you for the suggestion, I've got arleady this model from my previous Macbook 2012 13'' and a friend of mine is selling Kingston so I would like to use the best for editing as sound engineer.

Genuinely there's no difference with performance if you're using the correct RAM. It's down to personal preference and your experience with that manufacturer. Whilst I personally prefer Crucial RAM due to my experience of their reliability and return policy, Kingston is absolutely fine as well.

Thuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2019
London
Nice , I’ll keep crucial then. Thanks for your answers.

Genuinely there's no difference with performance if you're using the correct RAM. It's down to personal preference and your experience with that manufacturer. Whilst I personally prefer Crucial RAM due to my experience of their reliability and return policy, Kingston is absolutely fine as well.

Reactions: MSastre

MSastre

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2014
Nice , I’ll keep crucial then. Thanks for your answers.

I've upgraded all my Macs with Crucial RAM as soon as i got them. I'm also using several of their SSDs. Definitely can recommend Crucial products.

Reactions: Thuser

subaiku

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2013
Hi, just to jump on this thread, I'm getting a 2.6 GHz model myself and am wondering if anybody has any experience with these RAM from China? They seem to be no brand generic ones.

This one is branded SZcell but I've never heard of them before:

MSastre

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2014
I've always used Crucial Ram for upgrading my Macs for around 20 years. It's always been excellent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.