Upgrade RAM on new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jazojas12, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

I just ordered a new 13in MBP. I want to upgrade the RAM to 4GB and want to make sure this will work right. I checked around on a few sites and this is the cheapest I could come up with. If anyone knows of something better please LMK.
    http://tinyurl.com/ajr1211
    It would be 2* of those ^^

Thanks in advance.

2. LowMach macrumors member

I installed the crucial from newegg yesterday with no troubles. Several users here pointed to that ram and that lead me there.

Buy with confidence. Newegg rocks!

3. Jazojas12 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah that's why I'm going to go with crucial. The only thing I don't understand is why it's cheaper to buy 2 2GB sticks seperately than 1 pack with 2 2GB ones. Just making sure there is no difference.

4. imrichar, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013

imrichar macrumors newbie

Usually the 2 pack is a "matched pair" that came off the same line.

5. Jazojas12 thread starter macrumors regular

So should I just buy the 2 pack? It's about $8 more. If it doesn't make a difference I can't justify spending more for the same thing.

6. ViciousShadow21, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2013

ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

depends on what kind of person you are. if buying two matching sticks just makes you feel better inside than i think the $8 is worth it.

7. Jazojas12 thread starter macrumors regular

Well $8 isn't a big deal but I don't want to pay more for the same thing you know. Just shopping around is all. If it would be better in anyway to buy matching ones I have no problem spending a few bucks. So is there any performance differences?