Upgrade RAMS For Imac 27 late 2013

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Fanatikyf, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Fanatikyf macrumors newbie

Hi, Everything is in the title...

I just bought the new imac 27 inches (late 2013) and i want to upgrade my rams memory. i've been looking on some forums.. they talked about crucial rams.so i went on their website but they say i can't put these rams in my mac. does anyone have something else for me? thank you

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Cruicial.com if you are anywhere outside North America
    OWC at www.macsales.com if you are in N. America or don't mind shipping costs.

3. Bluebros macrumors regular

Ordered my Crucial kit and my new iMac arrived today. Installed the new cards (2x8GB DDR3l) and got the dreaded BEEP*BEEP*BEEP

After changing the order and using various combinations, I've sent it back to Amazon and they are rushing me out a new shipment. I will give an update shortly. I'm sure it is just defective and the new cards will work just fine however, this is what I purchased...

Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3-12800) CL11 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Memory Modules For Mac CT2C8G3S160BM

4. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

Interesting. I'm waiting for my iMac and I've purchased two of these kit to get 32GB RAM total so I do hope it's not a complex issue and just, unfortunately, a few defective pieces. Good luck and please keep us posted how the new ones work for you. Thanks.

5. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502

My iMac got delivered yesterday and I put 4x8GB sticks into it from crucial I got through amazon. Works great and no issues.

6. scuzy macrumors member

i put 16gbs of this crucial memory for macs in and it crashed swapping out for corsair.

7. bluescale macrumors member

I installed 16GB Crucial RAM and it worked like a charm.

8. Bluebros macrumors regular

Yeah, I think I just got a bit of bad luck with my order but hey, better the RAM upgrade than a faulty screen. Amazon will have it shipped and at my door by 8pm tmw. Almost a 24 hour turn around from when I first noticed the problem. I'm impressed with their service.

9. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Long time Mac user here and I've been using Crucial for as long as I can remember. I've never had bad RAM from them. On a few occasions over the years I did use 1-800-4-Memory instead b/c they had great deals, but 90% of my RAM purchases for Macs have been Crucial. And we usually upgrade our two Macs every year and a half or so.

That being said, I just installed two sticks of 8GB RAM from Crucial in my new 27" iMac today and they are working fine. It stinks that you maybe got a bad set but typically anything from Crucial is great.

10. Serban Suspended