Upgrade Reversal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nfrs2000, Sep 18, 2012.

1. nfrs2000 macrumors member

nfrs2000

I ordered an AT&T iPhone 5 about 1 hour after launch and was bumped to the 2 week out shipping. I am going to gamble by waiting in line at the Apple store.

I was wondering, if I cancelled my order with Apple how long would it take for my 2 year contract upgrade to reverse and show up as eligible again?

2. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

immediately..how else do you think you can switch phones out?

3. nfrs2000 thread starter macrumors member

nfrs2000

Well a phone exchange is different then cancelling...They tell me that they wont sell one unless the previous order is cancelled?

4. LyricalMenace macrumors member

Was wondering this myself.

My preorder says it has gone through and order cannot be canceled. If I don't get tracking information or verification it is being shipped by Thursday I plan on calling and canceling the preorder so I can camp out in store.

Worried they are going to give me a hard time and not reverse my upgrade or it will take longer than a day.

5. LyricalMenace macrumors member

Canceled my order over and hour ago over the phone.

My account is still showing that I don't have an upgrade.

Anyone cancel through AT&T and have the upgrade reversed quickly? I need it done by tomorrow so I can go to AT&T store...

6. wishman35 macrumors regular

I was told 24 hours by other posts... I might just have to suck up the wait..

That whole extra hour past 2am I waited cost me 3 weeks amazingly. Love the concept

7. christyn macrumors 6502a

I've seen a lot of people say at least 24 hours, and have heard up to 48 with AT&T.