upgrade ruined album art!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DrFillster, Sep 14, 2008.

1. DrFillster macrumors member

so I upgraded to iTunes 8 and iphone 2.1 and my album art is screwed. Tried to erase it all and replace it but still no luck. Anyone else have this? Any suggestions?

2. Chandler Adaway macrumors 6502a

Chandler Adaway

Mind being more descriptive? Maybe a screenshot?

3. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

I've often seen this on both iPhone and iPod Touch. The artwork isn't 'screwed' as such, it's just missing. It can be one album or a whole bunch of albums that get just that stupid iTunes icon rather than a proper cover. Usually it's corrected when I wipe the whole memory and resynchronize, but then the artwork on other albums goes missing...

4. DrFillster thread starter macrumors member

nope this is completely screwed. Buckcherry shows art from Big Country for instance. About 80% is just plain wrong. Will send screen capture when I'm back at my computer

5. J*man macrumors member

This happened to me when I had my iPod Touch. Is it showing up wrong on the iPhone or on iTunes or both? If it is wrong on your iPhone then sync it off and then re-sync it. It should show up correct now. That worked for me in the past. Hope this helps.

6. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I have a somewhat related situation here. I have one song from Boston's Greatest Hits album (Smokin') and all of Clannad's Greatest Hits. When I browse my iPhone using coverflow, however, the song list from the Clannad album had the Boston album cover and the album cover for that Clannad album doesn't even appear! It follows the Fuaim album and is before the In a Lifetime - Ultimate Clannad Disc 1 album, but it simply isn't there in coverflow.

If I use the "normal" or vertically-oriented textual display, everything is fine, as is shown with the attachments. I went in this morning and specifically verified that everything in iTunes works perfectly, but once again on the iPhone .....

HawaiiMacAddict

EDIT: I forgot to add that I'm running iPhone firmware 2.1, iTunes 8.0, and Mac OS X 10.5.4 Leopard.

Attached Files:

7. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

Some of my album art for podcasts doesn't show up, but all of my artwork is very blurry when not in coverflow.

8. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

Some of my album art for podcasts doesn't show up, but all of my artwork is very blurry when not in coverflow.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Wolf103FM macrumors regular

I lost all my art on the iPhone after a restore and update to 2.1, only way I could get it all back was to copy the songs over one by one (850 songs took about 4 hours)

10. DrFillster thread starter macrumors member

Restarted Windows and looks like it's now only on my iphone. Will try to do a restore on the iphone 3g. "It just works" TOO FUNNY!

Attached Files:

11. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I decided to take another look at iTunes to see if the confusing album artwork issue persists. I sync my 'iPhone Audio' playlist to my iPhone, but the album artwork in that playlist in iTunes is good - it's just a little screwed up on my iPhone. I've attached the view of the playlist from within iTunes.

HawaiiMacAddict

Attached Files:

12. DrFillster thread starter macrumors member

Restored iphone. All better. Just can't live without the Buckcherry album art.

13. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha again everyone,

Let me preface my comments by stating that I have only bought one song via iTunes, so my issues may be somewhat related to that.

I've experienced yet more wonkiness with respect to Coverflow on my iPhone. I've collected lots of audio through the years, primarily when I was a Windows user. At that time, I had no program that would both play the audio and display album art. As such, I was not concerned about any missing album covers. Now that I am on the Mac with both computer and handheld software that can display album art, I've been scouring the 'net (primarily Wikipedia - AWESOME source of album art btw :D) for all missing album covers. I could not find one for Neurotron 606, so I decided to make one in Photoshop.

Imagine my surprise today when I discovered that my artwork is missing from my iPhone! I did select to let iTunes automatically download missing album art, but did not think that it would affect anything not offered by Apple and subsequently inserted by the user. In other words, iTunes informed me that no album art exists on Apple's iTunes servers for Neurotron 606, so I decided to make my own. Why is it now missing? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Also, I've noticed that some of my artists, Kylie Minogue for example, have the same album art for more than three albums, even though the correct album art for all said albums has been applied within iTunes. This is just weird, but I can live with it.

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

14. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I have noticed this problem prior to 2.0. It seems to throw all the greatest hits into one single artwork. =(

15. vabigpoppa macrumors member

my album art is screwy as well, just shows a black space where the art is supposed to be on my iphone. also in itunes i can only view music on my iphone in list view, i cant use the other 2 views.

16. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

Ya, i get the black space too, I have to manually add the artwork to the albums effected

17. ec51 macrumors 6502

I had a problem like this as well, spend a lot of time redoing all my effected album art work in iTunes and then it was still messed up on my phone. I completely ridded my phone of all the music and re-synced. This fixed my problem...

18. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha ec51,

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll try that once I get home from work. That worked with my apps, for the most part, so it should also work for coverflow.

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict