Upgrade Silver Sport to SBSS worth it?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JerTheGeek, Oct 17, 2015.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

So I'm kinda toying with the idea of maybe upgrading my Apple Watch Sport, Silver, to the SBSS. Has anyone upgrade from a sport to the SS and what is your experience? I like that I wouldn't have to have a screen protector any more, but it would probably cost me around $200 and I'm not sure that's worth it. What do you guys think?

2. convergent macrumors 68020

convergent

This would seem to be purely cosmetic, but if you can keep the different about the same as the difference new then you aren't getting hurt that much. I kind of did the opposite... went from SG Sport to regular SS. But I had bought a new SG Sport that I had for a week and loved it, and took it back and bought a used SS with classic black strap & AppleCare for only $100 more than the Sport without AppleCare... so it was a no brainer to me. If you are going to have to sell your sport used, it may not be as easy to decide.

3. Cowboy1629 macrumors regular

Cowboy1629

I went from a Space Grey Sport to the Space Black Stainless Steel during the test drive period mainly for the sapphire crystal because I'm kind of hard on watches. With the DLC finish I haven't even put a mark on the case either and I wear it everyday.

4. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Do it. I did. Worth every penny.

5. ianrip macrumors 6502

ianrip

work:Oyu Tolgio, Home:LOS, From Scotland G15
    I'd say wait. when Gen 2 comes out, you'll be thinking about updating, it wont be that long really, 12 months
    Save your money for now, the watch is overpriced in my opinion

6. bluegt macrumors newbie

I went from SG Sport to Silver SS to Space Black SS and certainly worth it.

7. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I probably will wait. I have an iPad Air 1 that I'm planning on upgrading to a mini 4, which Will be a much more significant upgrade than a Watch upgrade would be.

8. ianrip macrumors 6502

ianrip

work:Oyu Tolgio, Home:LOS, From Scotland G15
    I have an Ipad Air 2, and its excellent with ios9
    Regarding the watch, I ve had my 42 sport since Middle of May, its the functionality or lack of it is disappointing, I do realise it’s a 1st gen and this is typically the case, the pricing of the sport compared to the SS is nuts. Double the price
    I was considering upgrading from the sport, but I’ve held off, for sure the SS looks better, but what about in 12-18 months, buy another version, then trying to offload an 1st gen SS will be more difficult than selling a sport

The ipad mini will be great choice

9. nicho macrumors 68000

not sure you can call it an upgrade at all - it's primarily paying to change the materials to look fancier. like having a gold iphone 6s and then selling it to buy a new black iphone 6s because you wanted a different colour. they both work the same.

that said; the SS is very nice and i'm glad my wife replaced my sport with one

10. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

It definitely will be great, I'm excited for it. The SS is really only a cosmetic change, not an upgrade like the air 1 > mini 4 will be.