Upgrade sim to enable VoLTE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tmoney468, Oct 10, 2014.

1. tmoney468 macrumors 6502

I read somewhere else that using the sim that came with the iPhone 5 will not enable the use of VoLTE on the iPhone 6, is this correct? I am on Verizon.

I did a quick test this morning and can confirm that I can't use data while calling with the old i5 sim card.

2. RyanG macrumors 6502

You have Voice over LTE enabled in your iPhone settings?

Not sure if you need a new SIM though.

3. Anthony.L macrumors member

Are you sure the Verizon network in your area supports VoLTE yet?

Regarding the SIM, my Verizon 6 shipped with a brand new LTE sim. In fact every iPhone upgrade I've received from Verizon always came with a new sim. Why did you swap the one from your 5? If you stop by the local Verizon office they will give you a brand new one and program it.

4. Tripzter macrumors newbie

Tripzter

The SIM from the iPhone 5 will work fine. No need for new SIM Card. Simply enable Voice+Data on your iPhone 6 and go into your account and add the VoLTE feature or call CS to enable. My wife swapped her IPhone 5 SIM to iPhone 6 and VoLTE works fine. No issues.

5. mactumors macrumors 6502

I'm using my iPhone 5 sim in my iPhone 6 on Verizon. VoLTE works fine. Or I assume it does, as I am able to do simultaneous voice and data.

6. DrakeMcEachern macrumors 6502

the old sim will work. I didn't even have to go onto my Verizon to enable anything. I just turned VoLTE on in settings and was good to go