upgrade SSD and Ram~ Error installation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by twkidM3, Mar 9, 2011.

1. twkidM3 macrumors newbie

So i swapped out the hdd for a SSD and a new pair of ram. apparently during loading the OSx disc in the macbook. After confirming the English language of the installation screen. The screen turned fuzzy. anyone know why? the computer didn't respond while moving the track pad. So i reboot. Now it won't boot osx. it gives a blue screen after loadin the disc.

2. twkidM3 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. twkidM3 thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone using

Corsair 8 GB DDR3 Laptop Memory Kit CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9

on their macbook 2011 13in with i7?
    Mine seems to crash when the ram is inside. i swapped back to original 4gb ram and it seems to not crash...

4. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Would definitely suggest a RAM problem! Even if the RAM is compatible, sometimes you just get bad sticks. I'd send ring the retailer and start the process to swap it.

5. twkidM3 thread starter macrumors newbie

weird... i swapped out and went back to oem 4gb ram sticks. no problem at all. i did a apple hardware test by pressing D during startup, it passed all these on the 2x4gb ram sticks. But it crashes booting into mac. WTF?

6. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

The basic hardware test won't always pick up bad RAM sticks. It happens. I've had it happen once to me. I now always go with OWC or Crucial for RAM. One time I went with Kingston I got bad sticks. Sent back, new set sent out. No dramas just a bit of irritation.

7. Euclid100 macrumors newbie

I have the similar issues here. Under light load with the Crosair (2 x 4GB) CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 I get memory corruptions and a BSOD on Windows 7. With heavy load and only one stick it takes a bit longer.

I'm wondering if it's just faulty RAM or that the CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 are simple not reliable with MBP 2011?