Upgrade Status

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hansolo79, May 29, 2009.

1. hansolo79 macrumors regular

Has anyone's upgrade status changed? I dialed *639# and it states, "we can offer you an early iPhone upgrade with a NEW 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee at a participating iPhone sales location."

I already own an iPhone 3g.

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

They give early upgrades to people in good standing.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

The message for me states:

"A full discount on a standard handset or iPhone upgrade is not available at this time, but you may qualify on 09/08/2010. We can offer you an iPhone upgrade at a higher price with a 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please visit a participating iPhone sales location for pricing on this offer."

I've never been late on a payment.

4. thewireman macrumors regular

thewireman

Is there any way to check this online? Thanks.

5. thewireman macrumors regular

thewireman

Never mind, I found it. I can get an upgrade! Yay. My First Gen. iPhone is getting too old. :(

6. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Early upgrade pricing is $200 more than the fully subsidized price when it comes to iPhones....

7. fratboy macrumors regular

yeah it says i can buy a phone at FULL retail price.. but i am almost postive current iphone owners will be able to upgrade at discounted price

8. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I'm almost positive the world as we know it will end on Dec 23, 2012; still dosen't mean it's actually going to happen!

You *may* be able to buy the new iPhone at the early upgrade pricing of $399/499.

9. bjquach macrumors 6502

I have the same message and pay over $100 per month and have never been late. Oh well, if they say current 3G owners can upgrade at the discounted rate, I'll just borrow a friend's iphone 3g for a week or two to make my account seem as if I have had a 3G. Either way, discounted or not, I'm getting the iphone.

10. LinMac macrumors 65816

The upgrade options on the website aren't 100% correct.

I have two lines on my account and one of those has no contract at all as it is using a 2007 iPhone (EDGE only), but still shows the same message.

We'll see what at&t does.

11. eyefoniac macrumors 6502

eyefoniac

Yeah, I got the "iPhone Upgrade
    As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price, along with a 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please proceed with the online upgrade process for pricing details. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on. . . " message as well.

12. bjquach macrumors 6502

I'm sure after WWDC, everything online will change.

13. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

"As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and waive the $18 upgrade fee"

Yay. Especially because I just got my 3G in January of 2009.

14. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

It says I have to wait till 3/30/2010. Lame. I don't really care though, I'll buy the new iPhone regardless of the price. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way.

15. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

I'm eligible for an early upgrade at a higher price, we'll see if that changes after WWDC.

16. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

As i recall the status changed for many people closer to the launch of the iPhone 3G, so I would just wait and see.