Upgrade Swap at Best Buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nuzreq, Nov 19, 2010.

1. nuzreq macrumors newbie

Sorry in advance if this has been asked before.

My wife will be able to upgrade her non-iphone in the next week or so and we were thinking of using her upgrade to get the iPhone 4. I would get the new phone and she would get my 3GS. Has anyone done the upgrade swap at a best buy? And if so, did you run into any problems?

thanks.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

She has to upgrade her line first (you don't swap the upgrade), then you both go down to AT&T and you ask for a Micro-sim card to put in the iPhone 4, and she would have to ask for a regular sim card to place in iPhone 3GS.

that is all.

3. nuzreq thread starter macrumors newbie

So, go into BestBuy purchase the phone on her line. Head over to AT&T, tell them of the swap and get new sim cards. Seems easy enough.

thanks.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You don't even have to tell them why, just say you need new sim cards (micro-sim for you, regular for her). Its free and if they are not busy, you will be in and out in 5 mins or less.

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

why not just go into at&t and do it? wouldn't it be easier unless you are buying the phone with a best buy card.

6. nuzreq thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, we have a couple BestBuy cards that we'd like to use for the purchase. Otherwise we would just go directly to AT&T.

Her update becomes available next week, i doubt there will be any problems but thanks for the advice guys/gals.

7. jacollins macrumors 6502a

I've never been in and out of an AT&T store in 5 minutes, even if they're free and not busy. Walking turtles...

8. appleexpert15 macrumors newbie

Same here. They don't care.