Upgrade Swap in Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AHDuke99, Mar 17, 2015.

1. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

So, I have owned an iPhone 6 since launch day and bought an 6 plus a month ago and used it for a week or so before returning it, but now I regret that. I miss the screen and the battery life, and using it with one hand wasn't as awful as I though.

The only problem is, I used an upgrade from another line to buy it, and now the AT&T store where I bought it is out of stock, and it says online it will take 28-35 business days for it to ship.

The Apple Store has all models in stock of the 6 plus, and I was wondering if they could do upgrade swaps now? I know in the past they could not, but I read somewhere that wasn't true anymore.

Anyone know?

2. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I might be totally misunderstanding what you're trying to do, but why can't you just use your existing upgrade to buy the 6+ and sell the 6? I'm confused about why you're trying to swap upgrades.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If you returned your 6+ your upgrade is good again at ATT. You can go to the Apple store and use your AT&T upgrade at the Apple store.

4. AHDuke99 thread starter macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Yes I know. I was wondering if the Apple Store could use the upgrade on another line on my account to buy the 6 plus or if I could only do that at an ATT Store.

My line doesn't have an upgrade, but my account has another upgrade I was using earlier. If Apple can do the swap at their store and I won't have to go to the ATT Store, then I am good to go is what I am saying. If not, I guess I'll have to wait months, which at that point I should just wait for the 6S Plus.

----------

I need to swap upgrades from another line on my account because my line already used the upgrade for the 6. I was going to swap the upgrade to my line and then sell my 6 to pay for the 6 plus.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If you have an upgrade available on your account, you can use that upgrade at either AT&T or Apple. Simply like that.