Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matt85apple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
If I'm using an upgrade on another line in a family plan, do you I have to purchase the phone from AT&T? I'd like to pre-order it on the apple website. I called ATT, but the rep I spoke with didn't seem to know anything.

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
If I'm using an upgrade on another line in a family plan, do you I have to purchase the phone from AT&T? I'd like to pre-order it on the apple website. I called ATT, but the rep I spoke with didn't seem to know anything.

You should be able to. I say should because there's a few FAN discounts that won't let you go through Apple, you have to go through AT&T. If you go to the Apple site and pre-order if it gives you the upgrade pricing you can go through Apple, if you get an error message you'll have to go through AT&T...

matt85apple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
And I assume that when I'm ordering the phone, I enter the phone number to be upgraded, not my (ineligible for upgrade) number? Thanks for the fast reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.