My iPhone 3G (AT&T) is eligible for upgrade February 25, 2011. (I purchased it in June 2009, just after the 3GS was released and the price dropped to $99. In retrospect I should have paid an extra $100 for the 3GS, but I digress.) The conventional wisdom says that I should wait a few months until summer when the iPhone 5 is released and upgrade then. However, the earlier I upgrade now, the earlier I'll be able to upgrade (at the lowest price) to the (presumably 4G) iPhone 6 next year. I have little interest in switching to Verizon, but the fact that the iPhone 4 is just now being released on their network gives me some assurance that it will continue to be supported by Apple for some time On the other hand, I don't want to buy an iPhone 4 and then a few months later see a truly revolutionary iPhone 5 released. Of course in that case, I could always sell the iPhone 4 to cover the early upgrade cost, but I like to keep my old devices. So is anyone else taking into account the future 4G iPhone as you decide when to upgrade, and if so, what do you plan to do?