Upgrade timing

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Morrius, Oct 13, 2008.

  1. Morrius macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2007
    #1
    I'm thinking about getting a new MBP for grad school, with the intent of putting my old iBook G4 into reserve and giving my iMac 20" to a family member who is in dire need of a new computer. But I'm not sure what this upgrade is going to offer in terms of computing power. What can I expect for the Nehalem system architecture and Mac OS 10.6, and will they be released by August 09?
     
  2. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

    Chris Rogers

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2008
    Location:
    my house
    #2
    No one knows anything bout the new computers and I don't think anyone knows for sure the actual date of Nehalem but I've heard Winter '09 Jan-Mar.

    Surely the new operating system can't be what's persuading you whether or not to get a new notebook.
     
  3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

    Scepticalscribe

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Location:
    The Far Horizon
    #3
    Nobody knows for certain. Wait and see the current - imminent - updates and buy if you need a computer. In any manifestation, the MBP is a superb computer - I have one and it's excellent, the best computer I have ever had by a considerable margin - and you won't regret getting it. If you need one, buy now, or soon, if you merely want one, wait until what you want is issued.
    Cheers
     

Share This Page