Upgrade to 10.5.1?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bking1000, Jan 9, 2008.

  1. bking1000 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2007
    #1
    I just got a new MacBook White (13.3"). Leopard 10.5 seems to be running fine for me. Should I upgrade to 10.5.1? I've read some things here and there about issues with that release. Maybe I should just wait till 10.5.2?
     
  2. Batt macrumors 65816

    Batt

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2007
    Location:
    Syracuse, NY
  3. JG271 macrumors 6502a

    JG271

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2007
    Location:
    UK
    #3
    I've heard that there's a large security hole in 10.5.0. I'd recommend upgrading all the time as it will just generally make everything smoother. I found 10.5.0 to be quite buggy.
     
  4. Phil A. Moderator

    Phil A.

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2006
    Location:
    Shropshire, UK
    #4
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

    please don't cross post in multiple forums. In answer to your question, i've had no problems with 10.5.1 (or 10.5.0). 10.5.1 has some important fixes in and you should probably update. However,10.5.2 is probably just around the corner so you could wait. Any update will result in some people having problems and people will always be more likely to post here if they've had a problem than if they don't so it does tend to present a worse picture than reality.
     

Share This Page