Upgrade to 10.7.5 macmini 1.1

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Bravo2zero, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Bravo2zero macrumors newbie

I have a modded Mac mini to 2.1

2ghz t7200
    3gb ram
    120gb agility 3 SSD

Now I don't have a compatible mac to do target disk mode.

What other ways can I upgrade from 10.6.8 to 10.7.5 ?

I've tried the roaring core Tyler clone copy which works but stuff like iTunes don't work and can't upgrade to 10.7.5 in order for me to move to MLpostfactor and 10.8.

2. Bravo2zero thread starter macrumors newbie

Right I sorted this and its was amazing easy even without target mode

I need no extra hardware at all.

What I did

Downloaded 10.7.5

Downloaded OSINSTALL.mpkg.zip ( google it , was from another mac forum insanely mac )

Made a 20gb partition on my SSD HDD and named it lion

Made a 8gb partition on my SSD and named it install

Mounted the 10.7.5 dgm

Used disk utility and restored 10.7.5 to the new install 8gb partition

I then went on to new install partition and deleted one file

$ sudo rm "/Volumes/LionInstaller/System/Library/CoreServices/com.apple.recovery.boot/PlatformSupport.plist"

Use this code in terminal or like me removed it in pathfinder 30 day trial demo.

Now the OSINSTALL.mpkg.zip I unzipped and placed contents in "/Volumes/LionInstaller/System/Installation/Packages" this overwrote a file which you agree to overwrite.

Then that's it.

Now go into your new lion partition while still inside snow lepoard and double click on install lion and it now will , no error messages , no not compatible BS it just installs.

Install it to the lion partition

The machine will reboot and start to install ( I didn't press any keys on my keyboard )

Once installed it will reboot and then will fail to reboot.

So I restarted the machine by holding down options key and booting back into snow leopard.

I then went to lion partition and deleted one file. /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist"

Rebooted and restarted holding options key choosing lion.

Lion now booted and went through all the set up details.

I then formatted the snow leopard partition and deleted the install partition , used carbon clone and put lion on the 100gb new partition.

I rebooted and used disk utility to remove lion partition and made it again one whole 120gb SSD.

That's it, tested, updated, restarted and it all works.