Upgrade to 32GB if reserved 16GB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mmorast, Jun 22, 2010.

1. mmorast macrumors newbie

Do you think they will let me get the 32GB iPhone4 if I only reserved the 16GB?

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Nope. You receive what you reserved unless you are able to buy one from the non-reserved stock pile.

3. Mfear macrumors member

if they have more 32's than are reserved, then I don't see why they wouldn't give you one.. it's not liek you're taking one from some other reserved 32gb person..all you're doing is really RELEASING your reserved 16gb and taking a 32 that wasn't meant for anyone specifically anyway...

4. Mr Bigs macrumors 6502a

Mr Bigs

5. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Wear a neck collar, play out the sympathy.....

Or if female, well....lets just say you have other assets at your disposal.

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I was told that during the iPad launch, people with reservations were able to up their purchase to a higher capacity model. I imagine it'll depend on their inventory too, however.

7. mmorast thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Appmamma macrumors newbie

I guess it'd depend on your store...

they didn't with the 3gs at my store when my friend wanted to change.

Who knows this time

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If the iPhone reservations are like the iPad reservations then YES, if available from the "walk-in" stock. They just took the one you wanted out of "walk-in" stock and put the one you did not want into "walk-in" stock. No prob at all, in fact they even told us while in line if we wanted a different model we could upgrade/downgrade when we got inside.

10. lidomkj macrumors regular

The apple store I talked to said show up early and if 32gb is available, they will give it to you. If not, you get what you reserved. This also applies if you need more than one for your family plan and could not get the reservations. That is why I am showing up early, to get 2 phones and change one to 32gb.