Upgrade to 4.0 or waiting for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pirateRACE, Jun 21, 2010.

?

iOS4 - Now or Later?

1. YES! iOS 4!

28 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. No. Waiting until Thursday...

25 vote(s)
    47.2%
  1. pirateRACE macrumors 6502

As a 3G owner I think I'm going to avoid iOS 4 so that I can get the full experience on the new iPhone 4. Curious to hear what others are doing.

2. rsnaider macrumors member

Once iTunes 9.2 for Windows came out last week I installed the GM release. No issues with my 3GS and I had the ability to setup my folders so once i get the new phone this week I should be good to go.

3. Andru1313 macrumors regular

I am on the fence about it. I am selling my 3Gs or I hope to sell it.. so not sure if its worth more or less with new OS on it.

4. bahooki macrumors regular

You're worried about having an OS spoiled? It's a phone. It's not an episode of Lost.

5. iadam09 macrumors regular

I'll update it but basically all we get is folders... no wallpaper :(

6. JPG54 macrumors member

As I am waiting for a white iPhone 4....Yes, I will be upgrading my 3Gs to iOS4!!!!

I am looking forward to playing with and getting used to all the new features.

7. nparmelee macrumors 6502

I'm giving the person that buys my 3G the option, waiting in iOS4 unless they want it.

8. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

I don't want to lose my jailbreak so I'm not upgrading my 3GS, but I am getting the iphone 4.

I figured losing my jailbreak might just be compensated for by having the new phone.

I will be watching VERY closely for jailbreak news though

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Waiting until Thursday if at all. I had to go into the Apple store to get SN installed (still not sure why the phone requires 10.5.8 when XP, Vista, and Windows 7 are all supported, but I digress) so I don't really want to register my 3G as a new phone, activate, then deal with the servers today. It's 3 days away, I can wait to see the snap on my new phone.

10. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

I'll update my 3G. Who knows when I will get an iPhone 4. Waiting for the white model.

11. gnortenjones macrumors regular

I waiting for the new phone on Thursday. My 3G runs slow enough as it is.

This does lead me to a question: If my 3G is still running 3.1, and I do a "restore from backup" when I get my iphone 4, will it try to downgrade the OS, or keep the iphone 4 OS untouched, and just reinstall all the apps/etc?

12. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

Am i the only 3G owner who can't afford iPhone 4?

i think i will update my 3G to iOS 4 after seeing other 3G users update to iOs4. Just to be sure it doesn't make it even slower. I mean even now on 3.1.3 it takes almost more than 3 to open settings.

13. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

I'll upgrade to iOS4 today for my 3Gs and then whenever I manage to procure an iPhone 4 I'll at least be somewhat familiar with it then. When I sell my 3Gs on ebay, I'll restore it to factory settings.

14. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

I have a 3G, so I will just wait a few more days for my iPhone 4. Especially since some of the *tent pole* features won't even work on the 3G unless you jailbreak it.

15. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I sold my 3gs and I am running on my old 2g now. There is no option for me. I guess I am waiting, but only because I have no choice.