Upgrade to 4.0 or waiting for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pirateRACE, Jun 21, 2010.

?

iOS4 - Now or Later?

  1. YES! iOS 4!

    28 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. No. Waiting until Thursday...

    25 vote(s)
    47.2%
  1. pirateRACE macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2010
    #1
    As a 3G owner I think I'm going to avoid iOS 4 so that I can get the full experience on the new iPhone 4. Curious to hear what others are doing.
     
  2. rsnaider macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2009
    Location:
    NY
    #2
    Once iTunes 9.2 for Windows came out last week I installed the GM release. No issues with my 3GS and I had the ability to setup my folders so once i get the new phone this week I should be good to go.
     
  3. Andru1313 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    #3
    I am on the fence about it. I am selling my 3Gs or I hope to sell it.. so not sure if its worth more or less with new OS on it.
     
  4. bahooki macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2010
    #4
    You're worried about having an OS spoiled? It's a phone. It's not an episode of Lost.
     
  5. iadam09 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2010
    #5
    I'll update it but basically all we get is folders... no wallpaper :(
     
  6. JPG54 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2009
    Location:
    Lower Alabama
    #6
    As I am waiting for a white iPhone 4....Yes, I will be upgrading my 3Gs to iOS4!!!!

    I am looking forward to playing with and getting used to all the new features.
     
  7. nparmelee macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2008
    #7
    I'm giving the person that buys my 3G the option, waiting in iOS4 unless they want it.
     
  8. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

    twisted-pixel

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2009
    Location:
    San Jose, CA
    #8
    I don't want to lose my jailbreak so I'm not upgrading my 3GS, but I am getting the iphone 4.

    I figured losing my jailbreak might just be compensated for by having the new phone.

    I will be watching VERY closely for jailbreak news though
     
  9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

    Interstella5555

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2008
    #9
    Waiting until Thursday if at all. I had to go into the Apple store to get SN installed (still not sure why the phone requires 10.5.8 when XP, Vista, and Windows 7 are all supported, but I digress) so I don't really want to register my 3G as a new phone, activate, then deal with the servers today. It's 3 days away, I can wait to see the snap on my new phone.
     
  10. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

    VenusianSky

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2008
    #10
    I'll update my 3G. Who knows when I will get an iPhone 4. Waiting for the white model.
     
  11. gnortenjones macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2008
    #11
    I waiting for the new phone on Thursday. My 3G runs slow enough as it is.

    This does lead me to a question: If my 3G is still running 3.1, and I do a "restore from backup" when I get my iphone 4, will it try to downgrade the OS, or keep the iphone 4 OS untouched, and just reinstall all the apps/etc?
     
  12. emir macrumors 6502a

    emir

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2008
    Location:
    Istanbul
    #12
    Am i the only 3G owner who can't afford iPhone 4?

    i think i will update my 3G to iOS 4 after seeing other 3G users update to iOs4. Just to be sure it doesn't make it even slower. I mean even now on 3.1.3 it takes almost more than 3 to open settings.
     
  13. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

    foulmouthedleon

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2008
    Location:
    Annapolis, MD
    #13
    I'll upgrade to iOS4 today for my 3Gs and then whenever I manage to procure an iPhone 4 I'll at least be somewhat familiar with it then. When I sell my 3Gs on ebay, I'll restore it to factory settings.
     
  14. sfwalter macrumors 68000

    sfwalter

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
    Location:
    Dallas Texas
    #14
    I have a 3G, so I will just wait a few more days for my iPhone 4. Especially since some of the *tent pole* features won't even work on the 3G unless you jailbreak it.
     
  15. Craiger macrumors 6502a

    Craiger

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2007
    #15
    I sold my 3gs and I am running on my old 2g now. There is no option for me. I guess I am waiting, but only because I have no choice.
     

Share This Page