Upgrade to 4.1 yet keep 4.0.1 for JB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macman756, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

So my iphone 4 is still on 4.0.1. I want to upgrade to 4.1 for my apps to work and hopefully the proximity sensor, but 4.1 can't be jailbroken or unlocked. And Apple is no longer signing 4.0.1 for downgrading, I'd like to know how to save the hash or shsh something? I've heard I can jailbreak my iPhone and save the hashes so I can restore to 4.0.1 at a later date. Still true? If so how would I go about doing that? Just backup, jaibreak, save hash (how to), restore and upgrade to 4.1 then restore from backup? Thanks!

2. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Apple have stopped signing 4.0.1 so you cannot save your SHSH blobs for 4.0.1 and hence can never downgrade back to 4.0.1 if you restore. There is no jailbreak or unlock for 4.1 yet, if you upgrade you will lose your jailbreak and possibly your ability to unlock forever.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you didn't save your shshs back when 4.0.1 was still signed then you can't get them now. If u go to 4.1 you will never be able to downgrade.

4. NickkyJ macrumors regular

the ****** thing is i jus got an iphone 4 hoping id be able to jailbreak wendesday turns out you may never be able to jailbreak your iphone 4 again possibly tell 4.2

5. celticpride678

There will be a jailbreak for iOS 4.1

6. Animatormike macrumors newbie

I can tell you my experience. I use these jb programs. My3g and tethering. I upgraded for the proximity detector and other upgrades and I am miserable. Can't wait for the new JB.
    Won't do that again.