Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbanmacUser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Has anyone updated to 4.2 from a 4.1 iphone jailbroken with limera1n?

Obviously you will of lost the Jailbreak but did it go ok?

r2fa3l

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2010
Texas
it should. its a goldmaster copy. but i would advice you to save ur info on cydia's server just in case you want to return to your jailbreak. this update is really not worth it

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
it should. its a goldmaster copy. but i would advice you to save ur info on cydia's server just in case you want to return to your jailbreak. this update is really not worth it

What ? AirPlay and AirPrint not worth it ? :rolleyes:

Of course, wait until public release since GM still has some bugs and Cydia does not yet work under 4.2 firmware.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC

For me, no. Neither one of those features have turned out to be as great as I initially hoped they would be. So there are no must have features in 4.2 for me as an iPhone and iPod Touch user. Still, I will upgrade once the official jailbreak for it is released.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX

Of course, wait until public release since GM still has some bugs and Cydia does not yet work under 4.2 firmware.

That really is the biggest thing to me. Jailbreaking for me is useless without Cydia, so first things first!

Does appear that 4.2 will not require a long waiting period for a jailbreak, and I am looking forward to printing!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.