Upgrade to 4s now or wait for the possible 5?

Mfnd

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
53
0
My contract is up for renewal end of this week and O2 have offered me an upgrade from my iPhone 4 to a 4s on an 18 month contract. Question is do you think I should go for it or wait until September if rumours of the 5 are to be believed?

I don't really want any of the new features in the 4s, can't see me using Siri and not fussed about the camera quality but do you think I would be stupid to renew to an 18 month with a 4s this close to a rumoured launch of a new model? Does the 5 really look that different apart from the shape (I know we know nothing for sure yet but people seem to have a fair idea).

The only thing I'm keen for from an upgrade is going for a 32gb instead of 16 as my current 16 is full.
 

dotme

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
925
80
Iowa
I would wait for the rumored September announcement. With such a short time remaining until the next model, waiting - for me - would be a no-brainer.
 

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
3,155
2,619
I'm sure you can wait another couple months. You'll be kicking yourself if you don't wait.
 

applefiend95

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2012
111
0
the 4S is better than the 4 but since you are this close to iPhone 5 or whatever they call it, wait the extra +/-60 days. 5 will be better than the 4S so its for the ultimate best to wait.
 

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
763
176
I don't really want any of the new features in the 4s, can't see me using Siri and not fussed about the camera quality
Think you answered your own question :D besides if you don't like something about the 5 then the 4s will still be around, just cheaper.
 

Shamil

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
20
0
rumores say that iphone 5 launch at september.so if me i will wait for it rather then iphone 4s.