Upgrade to 4s now or wait for the possible 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mfnd, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Mfnd macrumors member

My contract is up for renewal end of this week and O2 have offered me an upgrade from my iPhone 4 to a 4s on an 18 month contract. Question is do you think I should go for it or wait until September if rumours of the 5 are to be believed?

I don't really want any of the new features in the 4s, can't see me using Siri and not fussed about the camera quality but do you think I would be stupid to renew to an 18 month with a 4s this close to a rumoured launch of a new model? Does the 5 really look that different apart from the shape (I know we know nothing for sure yet but people seem to have a fair idea).

The only thing I'm keen for from an upgrade is going for a 32gb instead of 16 as my current 16 is full.

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

I would wait for the rumored September announcement. With such a short time remaining until the next model, waiting - for me - would be a no-brainer.

3. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I'm sure you can wait another couple months. You'll be kicking yourself if you don't wait.

4. applefiend95 macrumors regular

the 4S is better than the 4 but since you are this close to iPhone 5 or whatever they call it, wait the extra +/-60 days. 5 will be better than the 4S so its for the ultimate best to wait.

5. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Think you answered your own question :D besides if you don't like something about the 5 then the 4s will still be around, just cheaper.

6. Shamil macrumors newbie

rumores say that iphone 5 launch at september.so if me i will wait for it rather then iphone 4s.