Upgrade to 5 from series 3?

dmillar74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Livonia, Michigan
My series 3 stainless 42mm works great and looks great. I’d like to upgrade to series 5 stainless 44mm but not sure if it is worth the upgrade. Anyone making the jump?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I’m tempted, but I’m also considering gambling that Apple will release a brand new AW series 6 next year, so I might just buy an aluminum Nike AW5.
At this junction, there’s zero reason why Apple wouldn’t release a new Apple Watch every year from this point forward, being wearables is absolutely on fire with its growth with Apple, as they have primarily dominated the market since it’s inception in 2015.

Reactions: minik and dmillar74

1rottenapple

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2004
My series 3 stainless 42mm works great and looks great. I’d like to upgrade to series 5 stainless 44mm but not sure if it is worth the upgrade. Anyone making the jump?
I’m upgrading dorm 38mm stainless steel series 3 to stainless steal 44mm series 5. I want the all day display to be honest and the faster processor to control my car and home kit products. Series 3 is too slow.

Reactions: dmillar74

tarsins

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
Upgrading from a SS Series 4 GPS/Cellular to a SS Series 5 GPS/Cellular so don't take my advice ;)

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
I’m tempted, but I’m also considering gambling that Apple will release a brand new AW series 6 next year, so I might just buy an aluminum Nike AW5.
If you're an experienced Apple user, whether it's a MacBook, an iPhone, or an Apple Watch, you can be certain that Apple will come out with a new and improved model next year (or perhaps in three months). You just learn to relax and buy what you want when you want it.

Reactions: rosegoldoli

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
I’m upgrading dorm 38mm stainless steel series 3 to stainless steal 44mm series 5. I want the all day display to be honest and the faster processor to control my car and home kit products. Series 3 is too slow.
I think I have too many 38mm bands to jump to a 44!

But another SS3 going to a 5. My watch is in use all the time.

Reactions: rosegoldoli

1rottenapple

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2004
I think I have too many 38mm bands to jump to a 44!

But another SS3 going to a 5. My watch is in use all the time.
I can see that’s a problem. I only stuck with the sport band for series 3. But the series 5 I ordered is the Milanese band. I got a generic bike style for casual and work out purposes. And the Milanese I’ll use for work.

rosegoldoli

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2019
i originally had a series 3 for most of the year but really wanted the rose gold series 2 (colored thats discontinued). so 2 months ago i found a brand new sealed one for a cheap price and jumped on it. so i technically downgraded and gave my series 3 to my sister.

at this same time i planned on getting whatever apple was offering this year which is the series 5 which to my delight is AOD. which is sweeeeeet. so im upgrading to that while keeping the series 2 in rose gold because its such a beautiful color and its brand new so itll last the nest 2 years along side the series 5 i ordered.