Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcubed18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
I have a 6s and I have been wanting to go to the 7 plus but there are a few things holding me back
1- I just switched carriers and if I was going to upgrade it would be 1 of 2 ways:
1- apple upgrade but how does his hit your credit score. I have a strong credit score I don't want to get hit 10 points
2- or do I sell my phone and just buy sim free and pay the upfront difference.

Any advice?
Thanks

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Best method is option 2, if you want the iPhone 7 plus right now.

In regards to option 1, any time you upgrade with the Apple program, Citizens One will pull a hard credit report check on you (per their contract). Whether it happens every single time or not is up to them. A hard report pull can stay on your report for up to two years. As such, I would think long and hard about upgrading any time you get the urge, if you are using Apple's upgrade program.

Reactions: pat500000

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Best method is option 2, if you want the iPhone 7 plus right now.

In regards to option 1, any time you upgrade with the Apple program, Citizens One will pull a hard credit report check on you (per their contract). Whether it happens every single time or not is up to them. A hard report pull can stay on your report for up to two years. As such, I would think long and hard about upgrading any time you get the urge, if you are using Apple's upgrade program.

There was thread on Citizens for the credit checks. A lot of unhappy customers with how It affects their credit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.