Upgrade to iCloud Drive?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by NavySEAL6, Jun 28, 2015.

1. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

When iCloud Drive launched with iOS 8 I never upgraded to iCloud drive because not everything was compatible. Is it safe to upgrade at this point? Are there any advantages?

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

What are you hoping it will do? What other service are you using now that this might replace? I ask because its basically still the same service as when 8 launched but a few tools have been made available to work with it but maybe not what you're looking for.

3. Command macrumors regular

Command

As long as you're on Yosemite and iOS8 it doesn't much matter. The only real difference is if you stagger that software gap in version for any reason. The primary advantage is that it is more of a universal type of cloud based storage (shows up in Finder) and you can manually put documents there, etc. and access them from iCloud.com. The rest of the applications basically use it the same as always.

4. bobright macrumors 601

I remember not upgrading to iCloud Drive because there were problems if you weren't on Yosemite right? I'm assuming it is indeed safe now and works just as iCloud normally does storing your photos or documents etc across all devices?