Upgrade to iLife '10 on a brand new machine?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CAWjr, Jan 19, 2010.

1. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I purchased a new Mac Mini on New Years Day (01/01/2010) with gift cards I got for Christmas. The mini comes with iLife '09. Now I am reading that many are expecting iLife '10 to be a part of next week's Apple event.

I know in the past Apple has done right by people who just bought hardware of software immediately before releasing a new version. What has that window been & is there a chance I will be able to upgrade to iLife '10 for free since I just bought this mini?

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Usually they are good about it, but we don't know the expected release date of it so that may get you. Normally if you are within a month you're safe (not always); but they may just announce iLife '10 and not release it for a few more months. We don't know. But if it is released, I would either go to the store, or call them and see what they can/will do.

3. CAWjr thread starter macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Thanks Cylon. I was hoping that the magic window was one month since that is the return policy on the machine anyway!

Fingers crossed that they actually release iLife '10 next week instead of just announcing it!

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

It's unlikely iLife '10 is out or even announced next week. Even if it is, there's a 14 day window for returns.