upgrade to ios 5 didn't work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lionqueen, Jun 7, 2011.

1. lionqueen macrumors 6502

I downloaded itunes 10.5 for windows 64 bit and installed it
    downloaded ios5
    was told my udid was added
    installed ios5
    it went all the way through and then at the end told me I wasnt registered as a dev

currently downgrading back down now - I'm assuming that's what I have to do iif I want to try again in future - downgrade and then do the process all over? Does anyone have any ideas why it might not of worked (other than the dev lied to me about activating my udid, but what would be the point of that?)

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

seeing that it told you it didnt go thru due to not being a dev. that would be your answer, he lied. people lie.

3. lionqueen thread starter macrumors 6502

I know people lie, I just don't get what the point is. I didn't pay him for it. Was it just for kicks, to brick someone's iphone? Meh.

4. lionqueen thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm currently restoring right now. If it goes ok, I wouldn't mind trying one more time. If someone wants to REALLY add my UDID, and not just tell me they did, I'd really appreciate it.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Just wait til the final release. You can do it. You won't die. You're not a developer. Save the forums and yourself a headache.

6. lionqueen thread starter macrumors 6502

Riiiight. Because I said somewhere that I'd die? :rolleyes: If the thread gives you a headache, hit the back button on your browser, bub. No, I'm not a developer. But my phone is restored, and worse comes to worse it's insured, so if I want to play around with it, I will. Not sure why it bothers you so much.

7. J Griz 757 macrumors regular

J Griz 757

ebay worked great for me :D

You should try it out if you want it that bad, it'l cost you like 5 bucks. I did and things worked out. (make sure who is going to provide the activation for you has a large amount of good feedback, and numerous feedback on helping people to get to install iOS5)

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Because the me too! immediate gratification generation, who simply must have betas, even though they aren't devs and have no business installing them, are the same people who party outside my apartment window at 2am on a weeknight, which is why I'm awake typing this.

9. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Could be. Some shady individuals also collect UDIDs.

10. J Griz 757 macrumors regular

J Griz 757

This made me lol. (by lol I mean blow air out of my nose, and sound kind of like a bull because I didn't laugh all the way, but found humor in what you typed.)

11. lionqueen thread starter macrumors 6502

ahh, I see. So because you don't have the balls to go confront the ppl outside your apartment partying right now, you've decided to take your anger out on some random person on the internet. Because people on the internet don't matter, right?

Btw, just because I want to try out ios 5 early doesn't mean I'm an impatient person in general. You can't know that, because you don't know me. But by all means, don't let that stop you from assuming.

J Griz 757 - I may try ebay, thx :)

12. lionqueen thread starter macrumors 6502

argh. upon further review, the problem appears to be user error :/

13. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Which means you have since got it to work? Hope so!

14. kppolich macrumors 6502

kppolich

could have told you that from how you worded your last 8 posts. wait for the final cut to be released

15. lionqueen thread starter macrumors 6502

no.

16. lionqueen thread starter macrumors 6502

17. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

So you were able to get it installed on a windows box?

18. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I installed via a Windows box.
    Win7-64.

19. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020