Upgrade to iOS 5 or remain jailbroken

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ckurt25, Jul 29, 2011.

?

Upgrade to iOS or stay Jailbroken

1. Upgrade

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
  2. Stay Jailbroken

18 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. Not Sure / TBD

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  1. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Just curious to what everyone will do / does when major new releases come out ouf the iOS. In the past I've upgraded (obviously done with new hardware) but didn't know if it's common practice to stay on 4.X to keep the jailbreak.

The big thing for me to lose with the upgrade will be tethering. I guess I could pay $20 to AT&T for a while until a good jailbreak for iOS 5 comes out.

2. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I am upgrading. The only jailbreak app I have currently on my phone is MobileNotifier since I can't stand the blue notifications that pop up. But the day iOS 5 is released, I will upgrade.

3. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Until they give me the functions that bitesms, folderEnhancer, lockInfo, themes, and 3g unrestrictor fill... then there is almost no chance of me upgrading my phone till another jb is out. I might be a little picky but I personally don't like the stock icons on the iphone... Oddly I do like them on my iPad though...

4. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Really? The Retina really makes them look so nice (pre-installed apps)

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

If/when they come up with an UNTETHERED JB on iOS 5, I'll upgrade. But there's really nothing features-wise that's coming that I don't already have or can't already get with my current setup.

And I'll continue to JB until they add all the functionality of biteSMS, FolderEnhancer, SBSettings, MusicControlsPro, Popup Blocker...the list is damn near endless at this point. (Not to mention the ability to theme to my preferences, which they will likely never do.) Apple will never catch up to the JB community at the painfully slow rate they add new features.

6. Almeuit macrumors regular

iOS 5 .... *looks for biteSMS* ... Nope. Staying right where i am at.

7. Andy Ftw macrumors regular

I'll probably give it a few days, see how the jailbreak is developing (I'm sure tethered will almost be instant, but untether is another question), how Cydia packages are updated for support, whether or not there's any bugs/issues but I'm sure I will be very tempted to :p

8. labman, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

I'll do what I always do wait a few weeks or maybe a month after 5.0 firmware and JB are out non tethered. Also 5.0 will start over the air updates to firmware so I want to see how that plays out.