Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vinniepham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
So I had gotten early builds of iOS 5 and iTunes which had allowed me to get set up in iTunes Match early...

When I got my shiny new iPhone 4S on Friday and restore my backup that my phone doesn't recognize any music and attempts to "activate" iTunes Match from Settings doesn't work.

Any ideas? Is it because I'm running a non-developer beta version of iOS 5 on my phone now?

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I can't even see the iTunes match option on my iPhone. I'm not complaining though. I got the extra 3 months for signing up so I'm happy.

brock2621

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
Kentucky
So I had gotten early builds of iOS 5 and iTunes which had allowed me to get set up in iTunes Match early...

When I got my shiny new iPhone 4S on Friday and restore my backup that my phone doesn't recognize any music and attempts to "activate" iTunes Match from Settings doesn't work.

Any ideas? Is it because I'm running a non-developer beta version of iOS 5 on my phone now?

Same here... once i switched over to iCloud I lost all of my music matching on my phone because my iTunes account it on my other screen name :(

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Same here... once i switched over to iCloud I lost all of my music matching on my phone because my iTunes account it on my other screen name :(
Music match is not yet available.

It was in the beta but was taken out of the final release. It is due to be launched at the end of the month.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
it's still in iTunes... it's kind of frustrating that they took it out of iOS devices. that is only going to lead to trouble on launch.

rtkane

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2010
it's still in iTunes... it's kind of frustrating that they took it out of iOS devices. that is only going to lead to trouble on launch.

I still have it. Upgraded my 4 to 4S on Friday and it works fine for me.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
iTunes Match was pulled out of the final release. As someone else mentioned earlier, it will be available out very soon. It's being tested in the next iOS beta by the developers right now.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
iTunes Match was pulled out of the final release. As someone else mentioned earlier, it will be available out very soon. It's being tested in the next iOS beta by the developers right now.

What iOS beta are you talking about?

They released 10.5.1 iTunes beta. I see no mention of an actual iOS beta after the GM

rtkane

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2010

There is no current beta for iOS. And as I mentioned above, iTunes Match works just fine on my new 4S. I was on the beta GM on my iPhone 4, backed that up to iCloud's servers and used that backup to setup the new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.