iPhone 8(+) Upgrade to iPhone XI?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by leesj9934, Jul 17, 2019.

1. leesj9934 macrumors newbie

I am an iPhone 8 user that was considering to switch to iPhone XI this November. However, seeing the leaked design and other rumors it really seems like the only major change from iPhone XS to iPhone XI is camera set up. I don't need very good cameras anyway because I really rarely use them to take photos daily. Plus, the leaked design of iPhone XI just looks absolutely horrendous. At this point I am seriously considering just switching to XS Max now. Am I being reasonable?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

If you do not like what you see with the 11 buy the MAX.

My MAX has been my favorite iPhone of all time.

3. scottcampbell macrumors regular

In a few months you'll be able to save ~$100 on the Max, as it will have reached its anniversary.

4. brenard macrumors newbie

XS Max is definitely a solid phone with a great camera. It is worth getting one. imho

5. Wide opeN macrumors 65816

Wide opeN

If you're sure enough you don't like what your see with XI, then by all means, get what your heart desires.

6. superleakTx macrumors regular

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

What’s reasonable, is purchasing a phone that you know you specifically can afford and meet your expectations. That’s all that matters. You don’t need to opt for a phone for the sake of having the ‘latest and greatest’, when you can have a phone that will still give you everything you need, even if it’s a-year-old device.