Upgrade to leopard for time capsule?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tMac85, Jan 17, 2008.

1. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

I need to get an external harddrive. I really like the idea of time capsule..no wires! However leopard is a must for that. Should I upgrade to leopard, or get an alternative external hard drive?

I just dont want the negative effects that leopard has caused...(i.e. battery performance)

thoughts?
    thanks guys

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

3. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Personally, I would wait to see if the fix the connectivity issues with Network drives. Who knows, TC may have the same issues as AEBS has with NAS. We are hoping that the 10.5.2 release fixes these problems.

Tiger worked fine with AEBS and NAS, now leopard broke that.

4. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

I got my seagate freeagent for 80 bucks, i'm decently happy with it.

if budget is a reason at all to buy dont get something closed like the time capsule. My seagate has a 5 year warrenty. Rather then say $400 for the time capsule(which isnt terribly priced for what you get to be honest). On another note does anyone know what kind of drives they will be using besides "server class". :rolleyes:

5. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

mehham, mybook

well, i have the same ex HD, its a western digital 500gb mybook hard drive, the only difference is that i have studio edition (you have essential, i can tell by the price)

the studio edition from what i bought it was $200, its better than the essential because it has FW, for fast back up, im very happy with it, it cooperates with my seagate internal

you do need leopard for time capsule

leopard is a great upgrade, i highly recommend it!!! TM works great!!

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

sorry, mis-spelled

essential is fine, I can get 25MB/s (under vista?) when transferring files, good enough for me.

7. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

psst, edit it