upgrade to lion details?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by salacious, Mar 30, 2012.

1. salacious macrumors 6502a

ok so i have a 13" early 2011 mbp Iv been thinking about the upgrade to lion, but havent been convinced to, however with mountain lion coming, theres some features that are appealing to me, but its all dependant on one thing.

if i upgrade to lion via the appstore, will i have to input all of my serials again? this i do not want to do, i have so many programes that the serial nums are stored away in boxes and i am a hoarder so to get it all out would be a pain, anyone with experience from this?

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

You can install lion over snow leopard - some chose to do a fresh install and reinstall everything.

3. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

so it wont ask me to reinstall my serial codes? i wish i put them in a note document but didnt think.. so it just upgrades and does nothing else..

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Exactly. If you have any PPC apps installed, they will no longer work under rosetta. Lion is totally anti-PPC :(

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Yeah this could cause you some problems.

----------

Yup

6. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok il make a list of my ppc apps and see if they are worth keeping otherwise if not im not too bothered i know my main apps ...master suite, fcpx, motion, anime studio, logic will be fine