Upgrade to Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dr. Jekyll, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Dr. Jekyll macrumors newbie

I've got a PowerBook G4 that has gotten a lot of dents and dings from normal day-to-day use rendering some of the ports unusable. would it be possible to turn it in and get a Mac Book Pro?
    -I'm all about working the system...;)

2. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

Assuming that you could still use the PowerBook just fine, it would be better for you to wait for Santa Rosa platform and Leopard equipped MacBook Pro and buy it.

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Turn it in as like a used car traded as credit towards a new car? Well I believe there are companies in existance that will buy used computers and will allow you to put that towards a new computer, you of course paying the difference.

4. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

I think they mean if you think that they'll get a MacBook Pro if they try to get a replacement through AppleCare.

5. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Yes. Send it to Steve Jobs's home address with a copy of your original post. He'll personally see to it that you get a brand new shiny 17" MBP (complete with a token for a free Leopard upgrade) by return of post.

Seriously, I think eBay will be your best friend here.

SL

6. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Of course that would be assuming that the OP even has AppleCare. I'm just curious as how dents and dings from normal day to day use have rendered some ports unusable?