Upgrade to ML or wait??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by davidg4781, Oct 2, 2012.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I have a mid 2010 MBP, 2.4GHz running OS X Lion.

When I upgraded from SL to Lion, it was about 3 months before ML came out. I haven't heard much about the version after ML and I'm thinking of upgrading now.

Would this be a smart move or should I just wait a few months? It's only $20, and I don't think I'm missing any exciting features that I need, but I do like to stay up to date.

Also, would it be best to just do a direct download and install or a clean install?

I tried searching and nothing really came up, which is weird because SL to Lion threads were pretty much all I found when I last upgraded.

2. dkersten macrumors 6502a

Downgrade to snow leopard, the last great OSX

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

http://www.apple.com/osx/whats-new/features.html

Mountain Lion is working well for many of us. I would look over the feature list and if they appeal to you, just do the upgrade.

If your computer is working fine now, you can just go the update route and a clean install is unnecessary.

4. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. Maybe I'll wait for this next event to see if they mention anything about 10.9. If not I'll do the upgrade.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

If you mean the October 2012 event coming up, there is no way a new OS will be announced then. You will likely see a new OS announced at WWDC in May 2013.