Upgrade to ML or wait??

davidg4781

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
2,286
198
Alice, TX
I have a mid 2010 MBP, 2.4GHz running OS X Lion.

When I upgraded from SL to Lion, it was about 3 months before ML came out. I haven't heard much about the version after ML and I'm thinking of upgrading now.

Would this be a smart move or should I just wait a few months? It's only $20, and I don't think I'm missing any exciting features that I need, but I do like to stay up to date.

Also, would it be best to just do a direct download and install or a clean install?

I tried searching and nothing really came up, which is weird because SL to Lion threads were pretty much all I found when I last upgraded.
 

davidg4781

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
2,286
198
Alice, TX
Thanks. Maybe I'll wait for this next event to see if they mention anything about 10.9. If not I'll do the upgrade.
 

Weaselboy

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
30,219
9,921
California
Thanks. Maybe I'll wait for this next event to see if they mention anything about 10.9. If not I'll do the upgrade.
If you mean the October 2012 event coming up, there is no way a new OS will be announced then. You will likely see a new OS announced at WWDC in May 2013.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.