Upgrade to non-latest Firmware

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by forumz, Nov 24, 2011.

1. forumz macrumors newbie

Hi all, I have an iPhone 3GS on 4.1, I'd like to upgrade to 4.3 so I can use jailbreakme.com, than unlock using Ultrasn0w though Cydia. Is there a way to do this? Or do I HAVE to upgrade to iOS 5 and do a tethered jailbreak?

Thanks!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You can only upgrade to 4.3.X if you have your SHSH blobs. I suggest 4.3.3. If you don't, you can only upgrade to iOS 5.0.1.

3. forumz thread starter macrumors newbie

t's never been jailbroken, so I'm assuming I have no Blobs - Is there a way for me to jailbreak it on my current firmware, without having to upgrade?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

5. forumz thread starter macrumors newbie

6. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Greenpoison if I remember correctly does not work with iOS5. Redsnow is the only tool to tether jailbreak iOS5 for Windows that is, don't know about mac.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

fyi there is also Sn0wbreeze for Windows though I much prefer RedSn0w which also works for Mac and PC. Also Pwnage tools for Mac TS use this it will help Also as Intell has said 5.0 is no longer being signed so they have to go 5.0.1. helping is great but lets not confuse people please..

http://www.iclarified.com/jailbreak/

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

9. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Really? iClarified only had Redsnow but I was jailbreaking from 5.0 not from 4.X so I guess that's the reason I didn't see snowbreeze.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Sn0wbreeze also works pc only negitive on pwnage. As I said I would use Redsn0w any way.. I presuming you have the blobs as Intell said other wise 5.0.1