Upgrade to OSX ML?

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
Is it ok or better to upgrade a late 2011 MBP 13" 2.4 GhZ intel Core i5, 4 GB ram 1333 MhZ DDR3, intel HD graphics 3000 384 MB to mountain lion up from lion or will it be slower and give worse results? THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :D

throAU

macrumors 603
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
I upgraded from Lion (no clean install yet) and have zero issues. Even VMware Fusion continued to work just fine.

ML is faster/better than Lion in all respects save for battery life. IMHO the battery life trade-off is worth it for the speed increase. Coming from Lion, the improvement is noticeable.

Bilalo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Oxford, England
I upgraded from Lion (no clean install yet) and have zero issues. Even VMware Fusion continued to work just fine.

ML is faster/better than Lion in all respects save for battery life. IMHO the battery life trade-off is worth it for the speed increase. Coming from Lion, the improvement is noticeable.
But for the laptop specs I stated is it ok? Yours is better than mine.

MaxPower72

macrumors 6502
I have the installer downloaded but haven't pulled the trigger yet...:D
I'm waiting on a Samsung 830 512 to arrive and take my OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G out so I'll be doing a fresh install on the Samsung.

I'm a little concerned though because of the iOS-ization of OSX and ML stirred in that direction even more than L.

I'll have to read more in the OSX forum

polotska

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
Go for it. Based on my experience, it will probably perform better than Lion on the same hardware.