Upgrade to Tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Italchef, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Italchef macrumors 6502

Hello All;
    So, my sister is all stoked about buying a new iPod. Problem is, she's still running Panther on her G4 iMac and needs to have at least Tiger installed. My question is: what's the cheapest and easiest way to get the upgrade. I suggested that she upgrade ages ago to Tiger (as I had as we both have the same G4 iMac). Any suggestions? How much is it worth? What should she look for in the specs if she buys on ebay?
    Any and all help is appreciated.

Mick

2. TH-Gunner macrumors regular

Upgrade to Leopard. I'm pretty sure they don't sell Tiger anymore. It's $130 retail, $70 if you can get a student price.

Unless she doesn't care for Leopard, in which case you could try to look for Tiger somewhere online or something for a cheaper price.

3. mrfaize macrumors member

Have just bought Tiger off eBay to upgrade my PM G4 from Panther for different reasons to you. It's fetching a premium at the moment for two reasons I believe, people want to use the latest iPods, 'some' people are still having stability issues in Leopard so are downgrading their OSX.

Check description carefully to ensure original disks (not copies, backups etc.) and go for the retail disk - mine is black background with large X across it. The grey coloured disks are machine specific (so a Mini set of disks would not run on a iMac).

How much is it worth? Look at the completed items on eBay. Like I said before it is fetching a premium here in the UK at the moment so going for as much as a new retail Leopard at times :eek: