Upgrade Verizon iPad data plan?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BiggAW, Oct 28, 2012.

1. BiggAW macrumors 68020

If I get the $20/1GB data plan for my LTE VeriPad, and I want to upgrade it, can I just pay an additional $10 and upgrade to the 2GB plan for that billing period, or do I start all over with another plan?

I bought a VeriPad for traveling and now I realize that it with it's 10 hour battery could be rather useful for the next week with no power and no Comcast (or power for the modem, router, or network), but we could chew through quite a bit of data on it.

2. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

Putting your iPad on your Verizon account to share your data costs $10. If you want to increase your account to 2 GB, you have to do it for the remainder of your contract. You can add 1 GB for $15 on an as needed basis without putting it on your contract. At least that's the way I understood it when it was explained to me.

3. BiggAW thread starter macrumors 68020

The $20/1GB plan is prepaid. I'm not currently a Verizon customer, our phones are all on AT&T. I'm talking about upgrading prepaid, as there is no $10/GB overage to just use, you have to either get a new plan, or upgrade your plan, and that's what I'm asking.