Upgrade voucher for leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lauriechelt, Aug 13, 2007.

1. lauriechelt macrumors member

Hi Everybody!!!

I've got a question regarding upgrading to leopard...i've been told that in the past Apple has enclosed a free upgrade voucher with new computers if a new OS is coming out shortly:

Will this be the case with Leopard and when will this start to be included with computers, is there a set date yet or even roughly?

I'm going to uni in September and dont want to have to fork out more money for leopard if could wait a few weeks and get it for free!!!

Also will they have the free ipod offer for uni students like they do in America?

Finally are macbook pros being shipped with ilife '08 now because on the website it says it still comes with '06?!

Cheers people!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The cheap upgrades usually apply to machines bought after the release date for the OS (Leopard in this case) has been announced, but before it is actually available. This may be applicable to machines bought in September, but I'd guess it'd only really relate to those bought at the end of the month. All new Macs are now shipping with iLife 08, irrespective of whether Apple have updated their site entirely. :)