Upgrade without restocking fee?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by farmermac, Aug 19, 2010.

1. farmermac macrumors 6502a

Just bought a base 15" bto with high res screen matte. I'm having buyers remorse and want to upgrade to a i7. The 15" isn't here yet but I'd like to open it up and try it out to see if the hr screen is really all that.

How likely is apple to let me upgrade to the more expensive machine with no restocking fee?

I'll live with the i5 if I have to pay ~200 to exchange

2. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

There's no chance of them waiving the fee if you open it. As for unopened, I'm not sure. You'll have to go and ask. Why do you already have buyers remorse if you haven't received the machine?

3. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Depends on who you talk to when you ask about it, some representatives don't mind..

Call up and ask about upgrading, if they say you'll be charged the restocking fee, just ask to speak to a Customer Relations rep, they should be able to waive the fee if you explain that you want to UPGRADE to the i7.

If you want the i7, DO NOT open the box, if you Don't open the box then you will NOT have to pay the restocking fee.

4. farmermac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm going to need the machine for work until the new machine gets here so I have to open it right away. I can't not have a machine at work for another week and a half. I'd also want to make sure the high res matte screen isnok with my eyes. There is no apple store within 3+ hours.

5. sk8r1230 macrumors 6502

sk8r1230

i know i bought and tested for a day a 13 and returned it for a 15 without a charge but that was at best buy:/