Upgrade worth it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by miguueeel, Oct 21, 2014.

1. miguueeel macrumors member

Hi everyone is a little late (or really early?) sorry if this is painful to read.
    I have a mid 2010 mbp, over the last year its performance started to decay. So I upgraded from 4gb to 8gb of ram, and i noticed such a difference in performance overall, which I'm very happy about. Now Ive decided to upgrade to SSD and get a replacement battery (battery is at 45% health lol that means an hour tops full charged). So my question is: Do you think that I'm making the right investment? I want to keep this computer for at lease 2 more years. Ive spent roughly $450
    for 8gb of ram, 240gb of ssd+mount, new battery, new charger. Also I bought it all from OWC does anybody know about the quality of their products?

Any input its appreciated it. Have a great day!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My $.02 is that I'd rather not put 450 dollars into a 4 year old computer.

I think you may be better off putting that 450 towards a new model.

3. puke macrumors regular

I second this... 4 years is alot and this is technology. Sell it off for as much as possible and put in as much as you can towards a new MBP/Air.

4. miguueeel thread starter macrumors member

Thank you both for your reply. I wish I could afford a new computer atm but its not really an option. Specially because next time I upgrade i want a high end 15in mbp, and thats quite expensive. Also Lets say I upgrade to another 13in right now(I could probably afford that) correct me if I'm wrong, but that means that I'm basically only getting a retina display and a new processor and less ssd?