Upgrade - Worth It?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slears, Sep 13, 2017.

1. slears macrumors member

So, I have a iPhone 6s Plus (128Gb) model currently which has just this month come to the end of it's contract with EE in the UK.

My former contract price was £40 per month for 5gb data (which I use half of it that to be honest).

I also have around 85Gb spare on the phone continuously.

The question is, should I simply renew on a SIM only contract for around £18 per month and keep my existing phone or should I look at getting the 7 Plus / 8 Plus in a smaller capacity with a lower data package?

I personally have doubts over the iPhone X, such as FaceID, lack of home button, the notch looking a little garish and not to mention the nice price tag :)

Is there a noticeable increase in speed etc between what I have and what has been released in the last two years as the phone I have works perfectly for me?

Thoughts welcome from owners of the last two years models please....

2. troubleonline macrumors 65816

troubleonline

You should renew on the sim only tariff so there is more stock for others!!

3. slears thread starter macrumors member

Haha, thanks for the invaluable advice ;)

Seriously though, did you notice a massive improvement when you updated to the 7 Plus, I am assuming you came from a 6s Plus?

4. troubleonline macrumors 65816

troubleonline

I went from a regular 6s to a 7+ so the camera was a big improvement (added wide angle) and battery life greater. Touch ID worked better - almost too fast. I increased my storage from 128 to 256 which I desperately needed as I was maxed out on the 6s.

Otherwise I can't really remember!

5. KrisLord macrumors 65832

I went 6S to 7plus, but now the 8 is out I’d be looking it that or staying with the 6S another year. I wanted the bigger phone and better camera.

I’m not sure the extra cost of a 1 generation jump is worth it for you (as you’ve already the plus size) - if you were to pay for the 7plus a little more would get you to the 8plus.

To say it another way, if your going to spend loads getting a new phone, do it properly and get the 8 plus and 64GB sounds an option for you too.