Upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Liquinn, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Liquinn Suspended

Hi, I have an iPhone 3GS and was wondering if I should upgrade to the rumored iPhone 5?

I would like to have the latest and greatest, if possible.

2. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

If you want the latest and greatest wait for an LTE ready iPhone. I seriously doubt the iP5 will have it considering AT&T just activated their LTE service a week or two ago and both Sprint and T-Mobile don't have LTE.

3. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Is there anything wrong with having a 3GS iPhone?

4. flynnst0ne macrumors regular

ABSOLUTELY! You will be considered a dolt by all for having such an antiquated piece of cellular nonsense!

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Why would their be anything wrong with owning an iPhone 3GS?

6. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

It's not the latest and greatest. I guess.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I own a late 2007 iMac, late 2008 MacBook Pro, 4th generation iPod nano, 5th and 6th generation iPod classic, and this doesn't bother me at all.

These are neither the latest or greatest, but they still function just fine and I have no reason to upgrade anytime soon.

8. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Not really.. I'd say the only limiting factors would be the lack of a bigger battery and lack of RAM. I'm sure iOS 5 will run fine on the 3Gs(compared to iOS4 on the 3G) but the OS will most likely take up 130-170MB of the available 256MB. That and with all this talk of wireless syncing, over the air updates and deep twitter intergration the smaller battery in the 3Gs will probably take a bigger hit.

And I actually told you subliminally that the 3Gs was fine when I said wait for an LTE ready iPhone. I myself plan on trucking with my iP4 until the iPhone 6 or whatever they end up naming it.

9. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Yeah true, I know what you mean. :)

The battery life seems to be fine with my iPhone 3GS, which is good. I didn't bother with the Applecare for it though.

10. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

isn't that alittle contradicting? jst sayn

but seriously if you currently have a 3gs i would get the 5 when it comes out.