Upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by camarobh, Jun 4, 2008.

1. camarobh macrumors 6502

OK, it's now Monday afternoon and I have just installed 2.0 onto my current 16GB iPhone. I remove my brand new 3G iPhone from it's box. Can I restore from backup to ease the transition (for things like email settings, preferences, etc) and then sync with iTunes, or do I have to set up the new iPhone manually and then sync with iTunes?

2. justanothernerd macrumors member

Are you serious?

Yeah, let me look into the future and read the manual for an iPhone that hasn't even been 100% confirmed yet.

There's no way of telling - I'm sure Apple will try to make the transition as painless as possible. By the way, your computer makes a backup of your iPhone as is, so I can imagine that it wouldn't be too difficult...

3. camarobh thread starter macrumors 6502

Conversation starter

It was just a conversation/thought starter....clearly nobody knows as the new iPhone isn't even officially announced yet.

I was just looking to occupy minds for a while as the wait is driving us all crazy....

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Then leave. If you feel stir-crazy because of the wait, then get off the sites that are waiting.

It's sane.

5. stockcerts macrumors 65816

Cut him some slack. I thought it was a fun post. We're all excited about Monday!

6. camarobh thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks

Thanks. Didn't mean anything but some fun with the post. This place is vicious!

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Agreed. I think many are just getting a tad uptight at wanting the new toy! :D:eek: