Upgraded and noticing temp increase

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ricpac, Mar 23, 2008.

1. ricpac macrumors member

Hey folks, yesterday I upgraded my RAM to 2GB and since then I have noticed a fairly slight increase in speed in terms of opening apps and clicking here and there. Now my question is, like right now, when I just have Safari open (and of course--Finder), my temp (as reported by smcFanControl) is at the 50 degrees Celsius and I feel like it has gone up to the level unlike before. Is this relatively normal?

And when I leave this thing idle with just the dashboard up on the screen along with iStat Pro, ESPN, Calendar, three clocks, 2 weathers and the flight tracker (nothing being tracked)--the temp is actually higher compared to when I am just on Safari!

Is there supposedly like an argument to begin with?

2. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

3. ricpac thread starter macrumors member

CPU. The HD doesn't move too much at 39 degrees Celsius with +/- 3 degrees variance. smcFanControl only reads CPU temp, right?

4. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

I've got 1gb and the CPU stays around 50-54, the airport card is 65 (dont know if thats normal).

5. ricpac thread starter macrumors member

I guess I will give this more investigation time then.
    Thanks for the replies.

6. skins0304 macrumors newbie

Right now, with running Safari, iTunes, and Mail, I'm running at 49 degrees.

53 degrees isn't a big deal. Close all apps and let it idle for a few minutes. What's the temperature then?